Arom-dekor Kemi is part of the Vilokan Group of companies whose core business is based on environmental technology, water purification and recycling. Interaction between the Group companies creates synergies that further accelerate the circular economy. Arom-dekor Kemi plays a role in helping the environment by using treated and recycled raw materials to produce new products. For the environment, for the economy, for the future.
At its facility close to Arlanda airport, Stockholm, Vilokan ADF Solution, one of the companies in the Vilokan Group, recovers monopropylene glycol (MPG) for reuse from the waste fluid it collects following de-icing of aircraft. This MPG is reused by Arom-dekor Kemi to produce new glycol products.
The following calculation illustrates the importance and relevance of recycling MPG;
– 5,000 tonnes of MPG are produced (treated) in 1 year at Vilokan’s facility
near Arlanda airport
– 5,000 tonnes of MPG are the equivalent of a reduction of 15,000 tonnes of CO2
– the emission of CO2 on a return flight between Stockholm and London is 292 kg per passenger
– an average-size plane on this route carries about 150 passengers when full
– 15,000 tonnes/292 kg/CO2 per person equals 51,369 return trips a year
between Stockholm and London
– i.e. 342 full return flights between Stockholm and London